"How do you handle discipline issues at your church?" - submitted by "Anonymous" inDallas, TX
In my last post, I explained what our discipline policies for Kidmin. If you want kids to follow your policy, follow through with established consequences. Consequences help kids own their behavior and teach them to make better choices. Here are the established steps we follow when applying consequences.
1. Remind the child of the rule they have broken.
2. Official Warning
3. Move the child to a different seat
4. Remove the child from the room (bring them to office)
5. Pastor discussion
6. Parent meeting
7. Suspension for one week
8. Suspension for three weeks
9. Permanent suspension (we have NEVER had to do this so far)
Above all, let’s take a POSITIVE approach. You get what you celebrate!