We tend to look at Bible heroes as “larger than life,” but the truth is they are no different than you or me. The disciples were average, ordinary people that Jesus called to follow Him. One of the most “average” disciples was a man named Simon. Simon was a fisherman. He was an average, ordinary guy. When Jesus called Simon to follow Him, this average guy began to experience and do extraordinary things. There was nothing special about him, but when he obeyed Jesus—he began to do incredible things.
Jesus changed Simon’s name to “Peter.” Peter means “ROCK.” Jesus declared that Peter would be someone He would use to build His church. Peter went on to be one of the most influential leaders in the early church. Miracles followed everywhere Peter went.
In this series, your children will learn that they can be used by God in a big way! God specializes in using the average, the ordinary, the not-so-special. It’s the best way for Him to prove that HE is the one who deserves the glory—not us! We pray your children enjoy learning about the disciple that Jesus called “THE ROCK.”
- "What's The Catch?"
- "Gone Fi$hing"
- "Surviving The Storm"
- "Who Am I?"
- "Watch For The Signs"
- "Welcome Back"
- "You're So Lame"
- "Fight The Good Fight"
- Peter Is Called (Luke 5:1-11)
- Money From A Fish (Matthew 17:24-27)
- Peter Walks On The Water (Matthew 14:22-33)
- Peter Declares Jesus Is Messiah (Mark 8:27-37)
- Peter Denies Jesus (Matt. 26:31-52; Luke 22:54-62)
- Peter Is Restored (John 21)
- Peter & John Heal The Lame Man (Acts 3:1-12)
- Peter Escapes From Prison (Acts 12)
- Peter Deals With Conflict (Acts 15)
- Matthew 28:19
- 2 Corinthians 9:8
- Hebrews 12:2
- Mark 8:35
- Mark 14:38
- Acts 3:19
- Ephesians 2:10
- John 8:32
- Philippians 2:14